Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tiger Scout Fun

Reed joined Tiger Scouts this year, and he's been enjoying the den meetings, field trips, and scouting traditions.

On a recent field trip to the television studio of WBIR, the troop watched a live taping of "Live at Five at Four" (I know, the name makes no sense -- I tried to find an opportunity to tell the anchors (as I know they'd appreciate my keen observation), but it never happened). Reed and his fellow scouts were featured on the show, waving to the audience. Thankfully my mom and dad were watching at the time and spotted his smiling face.

This morning was the notorious Pinewood Derby. It was Reed's first experience in this event. Tim and he worked hard building his car all week, and it performed well. He didn't win his heat, but he still brought home a blue ribbon.