Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Greetings

Dear friends,
We've never been a family who includes a Christmas letter with our annual card. I don't really know why, given how much I like to write. So, I thought I'd at least post a holiday greeting on our blog.

We hope that this year has been filled with many blessings, much love, and great joy. Ours certainly has been. As with every year for the past nine, a highlight of our days is watching our boys, Seth and Reed, grow in every way imaginable. They continue to amaze us with their sweet spirits, huge hearts, and unique gifts.

The boys transitioned to a new school this year, and they did it with a great attitude. Thankfully this has been a wonderful move, and they are thriving at CAK. Reed is enjoying first grade, and he is becoming quite a good reader. It is a joy for me to watch a love of reading blossom in him. Seth is in fourth grade, and he does well in every subject. Math and science are his favorites, like his Dad.

Tim continues his work at KUB. He's now been there for eight years! I manage to stay busy while the boys are away each day. This year I began volunteering in the library at CAK, and I am really enjoying it. I'm surrounded by books -- what's not to love?!

Our year has been filled with many memorable moments, but Tim and I have a couple that stand out. A highlight of Tim's year was traveling to the Dominican Republic with One Vision International just last month with several friends from our church. A highlight of mine was traveling to Colorado in March to once again serve on the work crew for the Captivating retreat. A special blessing this time was making the trip with my friend Jenn.

We count these blessings among many, many others. Good health, amazing friends, an incredible family, a wonderful church...our list goes on and on. But, we know that all good things are gifts from God, and we count the blessing of His love and His grace and the gift of His Son as the greatest of all gifts. We pray that this holiday season you experience the goodness of His love and the sweetness of His grace as you celebrate the birth of Christ.

Merry Christmas to all.
Love,
The Tuckers

No comments: