Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bookworms

To say I love books just doesn't seem to express my sentiment completely. To say I love story is perhaps a more apt description. So, I find myself immersed the pages of a book (or two or three) at most times. I'm thankful that I have a husband who also shares this interest (so he doesn't begrudge my book-buying habit).

Since our nightstands, bookshelves, and most every level surface in our home holds stacks of books that are in process, I thought it would be fun to track what we read in this new year. I'll only list a book once we've finished it cover-to-cover. Hopefully this list will inspire you to read one of these titles (or to finish that book resting on your nightstand).
  1. Julia Child by Laura Shapiro
  2. The Guinea Pig Diaries by A.J. Jacobs
  3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  4. The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson
  5. The Fiddler's Green by A.S. Peterson (Oh my, so good! Please go to http://www.rabbitroom.com/ to order The Fiddler's Gun and this incredible continuation of Fin Button's adventures!)
  6. Turn My Mourning Into Dancing by Henri Nouwen
  7. Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge
  8. Looking for Alaska by John Green (Yes, John Green of Nerdfighters fame. If you're not familiar with Nerdfighters, watch this clip. Hope you enjoy a nice laugh!)
  9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (How am I just reading this classic? After all, it was voted the best novel of the 20th century - and I seem to remember taking a course in college titled "20th Century Novels." How was this omitted from the syllabus?!)
  10. Sticky Teams by Larry Osborne
  11. The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
  12. Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
  13. Radical by David Platt
  14. Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
  15. Sabbath by Dan Allender
  16. Operating Instructions by Anne LaMott
  17. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
  18. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  19. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  20. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  21. Spiritual Direction by Henri Nouwen
  22. SoulTalk by Larry Crabb
  23. Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldredge
  24. How To Be Good by Nick Hornsby
  25. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

1 comment:

suzanne said...

I have often wondered how I have an English degree when there are SO MANY "classics" I have never read. I've just assigned my oldest to read TKAM and as soon as she's finished, I plan to pick it up myself. Shameful!