Saturday, October 9, 2010

Captivating Journey

I've just returned from my sixth Captivating retreat, and all I can say is "Wow!" Well, that's not all I can say, but imagine me standing on a mountain overlooking this scene with hands held high sighing loudly..."Wow!" Yep. That's it.

I know it can be difficult to understand how my sixth Captivating experience could possibly be as rich and as meaningful as my first, but it is true. Different? Absolutely. But still surprising and breathtaking.

This was my first Captivating journey in the Fall, so the change in landscape was new and fresh. The aspens were stunning, and the 80-degree weather welcome. Each day we spend time outside journaling and praying, and to do so in such a spectacular environment was incredible.

Jennifer and I found this great swing with an even greater view up the hill behind the work crew cabin. Behaving for a proper picture proved difficult. Claiming this spot for the quiet times each day proved even more difficult...apparently we weren't the only ones to discover this gem of a spot!

Over the years I've been lucky enough to share Captivating with a few friends from home. This time I was so blessed to have two dear friends with me: Jennifer serving on her second work crew and Janna attending for the first time.

After Sunday's final session, Stasi Eldredge chats with attendees and poses for many pictures. She is patient, present, and so engaging. Truly captivating!

As we were leaving the ranch on Sunday, Janna, Jennifer and I had to stop for this panoramic picture. The landscape is truly amazing and speaks of the journey we shared.

No comments: