Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Blessing

Finding the perfect birthday gift for my mother can be tricky -- not because she is picky, but because she is content. However, this year I have to say that I succeeded! How lucky that her birthday coincided (okay, it was five days early) with the Legacy of Hope luncheon featuring author Francine Rivers. Also, how lucky that I just happened to be off of work today so I could accompany her to the luncheon!


Francine Rivers is the author of the beloved book Redeeming Love, among many other works, and my mom has read them all. We were delighted to stay afterward to meet Mrs. Rivers and have her sign two books for mom. She was also kind enough to pose for the above picture.

Happy birthday, Mom! I'm glad I was able to share this birthday "treat" with you...it was a gift to me too.

1 comment:

Kate Kehne said...

Oh how neat! I'm jealous! I love her as an author and love, love "Redeeming Love"!