Monday, June 9, 2008

Beach Bliss

We've just returned from our beach trip with my (Susan's) family. This year was our 10th annual trip with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law. The first five were spent on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Alabama; the past five at Litchfield Beach, South Carolina.

This is always a favorite time of year for us -- one of the rare times we all gather for extended time together and also the official start to our summer holiday. It has gotten even better as the boys have become strong swimmers. Tim and I are able to relax in a new way now that we know that they are capable in the water.

Uncle Barry and Aunt Beth introduced a new element to the beach trip this year by encouraging us to try bowling. I know...I had never bowled!!! So, I gave it a shot (or rather a roll) along with new bowlers Seth and Reed. I found that, unfortunately, it was much different than bowling on the Wii, where I'm quite the pro. I wish that I had been allowed to bowl on the boys' lane, with the bumpers up, rather than with the grown-ups. Even still, I had fun and was overjoyed to break 50 on my second game (yes, that tells you how sorry I was). Kudos to Seth for two strikes!

Now we're home, and our summer holidays are officially underway. The remaining weeks of the boys' break are filled with VBS, soccer camp, day trips to the mountains (playing in the creek), riding our bikes, visits with grandparents, and hopefully a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg. We hope, in the midst of all of the activity, we can maintain a relaxed spirit about it all and enjoy the slower pace of summer. We hope this for you too!

And if your summer journeys lead you this way, please give us a call or stop by for a visit. We'd love to see you!

No comments: